Jose M. Lorenzo, Jr.
With several years of experience in estate planning, probate, personal injury and wrongful death matters in the Miami, FL area, Jose M. Lorenzo, Jr. is trusted by his clients as well as his peers in the legal community. When he entered full-time practice, Mr. Lorenzo was already well-versed in the issues his clients regularly face. While representing the Florida International University College of Law in trial competitions during law school, Mr. Lorenzo also clerked for the Honorable Judge Maria M. Korvick in the Probate Division of Miami’s Eleventh Judicial Circuit Court. This followed nearly a decade of litigation as a paralegal for two Miami-area law firms.
Today, as a co-founder and partner of Miguelez Lorenzo LLP, Mr. Lorenzo continues to work hand-in-hand with individuals and families in their times of need. He brings a personal approach to estate planning, probate and injury claim representation, getting to know his clients personally and tailoring his legal advice to their unique circumstances. Whether you are ready to put together an estate plan, are seeking guardianship of a minor or adult with incapacities or need help recovering your medical bills and other losses, Mr. Lorenzo is available to help protect you and your loved ones.
- Fluent in English and Spanish
- A surviving husband comes to our office seeking advice regarding a Waiver of his Elective Share rights, Homestead rights, and his right to a family allowance pursuant to Florida law. Said Waiver was provided to him by his deceased spouse’s adult sons from a previous marriage. Limited by his inability to speak and understand the English language, the surviving husband was at the cusp of signing the subject Waiver which would have effectively foreclosed on his rights as a surviving spouse in Florida. Fortunately, he came to our firm at a fortuitous time, as we proceeded to successfully negotiate a favorable settlement for our client, and preserved his Elective Share right, Homestead rights, and his right to a family allowance in accordance with Florida law.
- Grandson seeks to become the legal guardian of his incapacitated grandmother, who owns several real properties as Joint Tenants by the Entireties with her now deceased husband. Years prior, the grandmother created defects in title to all her real properties, when she inadvertently executed and recorded several affidavits with the County, affirming she is not currently married and never was married to her late husband. My office conducted a thorough investigation both in Miami-Dade and in South Carolina where the grandmother and her husband resided prior to relocating to Miami. Marriage Licenses were never issued in South Carolina nor in Florida, therefore they were never legally married. Nonetheless, our office maximized the grandmother’s (ward) assets, avoiding the need to open an Estate for the ward’s deceased husband when we successfully argued and proved that a common-law marriage existed between the ward and the decedent and thus preserved the properties’ original Joint Tenants by the Entireties status.
- Non-resident father of three minor children, whose wife died wrongfully while on a cruise ship, needed court approval for a settlement with the subject defendants. My office successfully navigated the Death on the High Seas Act (DOHSA) (46 U.S.C. app. §§ 761–768), to ensure that the settlement was approved in accordance with the Guardian ad Litem’s report and in best interests of the father and minor children.
- Our office has successfully and efficiently obtained court approval on numerous multi-million-dollar wrongful death and personal injury settlements, both for minors and incapacitated adults.
- Physical Therapist trips and falls at a commercial retailer and fractures his fingers. Our firm effectively litigated the case in Federal Court, ultimately resulting in a favorable settlement for our client.
What Clients and Referring Attorneys Say
“Jose Lorenzo took care of all my legal needs after the death of my husband. Mr. Lorenzo guided me every step of the way . . . It was so helpful to have someone like Mr. Lorenzo to lean on and to answer all my questions . . . I would recommend Mr. Lorenzo very highly.”
“After many months of trying to find a formal solution for my case, I had the pleasure of working with Mr. Lorenzo. Immediately after speaking with him and his staff about our case, my wife and I felt a sense of relief and knew we [were] in the right hands.”
“Jose Lorenzo . . . is an extremely knowledgeable attorney who is passionately dedicated to the zealous representation of his clients. I would recommend Jose to any of my own clients should they ever need assistance with a personal injury matter.”
Schedule a Consultation with Miami, FL Attorney Jose M. Lorenzo, Jr.
If you would like to schedule an appointment with Mr. Lorenzo, contact the Miami, FL law offices of Miguelez Lorenzo LLP. Mr. Lorenzo will be happy to meet with you personally to discuss your legal needs. Your initial consultation is completely free, and in personal injury and wrongful death cases, we do not charge any fees unless we secure a financial recovery. To get started, call (305) 967-7412 or get in touch online today.